1) Which information about you we are storing and processing?
Information related to usersAEGEE-Europe stores this information about you:
- Your full name and surname (*)
- Your email address (*)
- Your date of birth (*)
- Your gender (*)
- Your field of study (*)
- Your Nationality (*)
- List of bodies (locals/European bodies) you've joined or requested to join (*)
- List of circles you're a member of (*)
- Your address
- Your phone
(*) Observing the DPPS (and for the safety of the other members), please input your real data. . A
This information is stored until you (or person who has rights in the system) revoke your consent from the system. At that point the data will be anonymised and it won't be possible for us to retrieve your information. See section .
2) With whom do we share data?
Keeping in mind that we are not facebook, and we don't monetise you.
AEGEE-Europe uses some so-called of data. We need your data to provide a better service within AEGEE, and this means MyAEGEE is interconnected with the following platforms, which are also .
- - GSuite accounts contain your name, surname, secondary email, picture, antenna, European body (if any). See below why it is shared with google. The data sharing is automatic when you create your MyAEGEE account (it creates a Gsuite account too). More information here and here.
- Atlassian - The helpdesk platform. You may expose some information for helping our troubleshooting, e.g. your antenna, by yourself - nothing happens automatically.
Your data may also be within (but not shared from us, i.e. no automatic stuff)
- Podio - for managing surveys and other stuff. We are phasing this out.
- Listserv - our mailing list server.
Last but not least, your data from AEGEE-Europe may be shared with the other organisations around Europe, which are the AEGEE Locals,
3) do we use your data?
- Safety of the AEGEE members: knowing exactly who is who.
- To confirm your AEGEE membership and evaluate your application, if you choose to participate in any kind of AEGEE activity.
- Communication in relation to your AEGEE membership.
- Statistics: Gender/age/field of study distribution, geographical correlations, and so on.
- A better IT services landscape: Gsuite is used for collaborative software (calendar, documents, online meetings). Atlassian servicedesk (the helpdesk) for supporting AEGEEans.
4) For how long and where do we have your data?
You can revoke the consent at any time. By doing so, you will not be a part of AEGEE any more, i.e. you will not be able to attend events.
Your data will be anonymised a year after you revoke your consent (Exceptions apply; see also the "exceptions" section below).
Your data will be anonymised a year . For many Locals, this corresponds to a year after your membership fee expires.
? In case you change your mind (in AEGEE there seem to be people who "skip a year" of membership).
Why is my data anonymised and not deleted? Because this way we can still keep the statistics and
Please be kind when you ask for personal data or revoke your consent: for now the procedure is carried out manually by volunteers.
We store your Personal Information in data centres located in West Europe, in Germany, and in the Netherlands.
If you would like to exercise your Privacy rights, or if you are curious, or unhappy about how your data is handled by AEGEE-Europe, AEGEE Locals, or related third parties, you have the right to complain through the Data Privacy Commission. They are elected by AEGEE members to represent your interests towards the organisation and its members. After investigating your complaint, they may address the issue and ultimately even initiate procedures for disciplinary action, if deemed necessary.