Hey there! Ever wished helping out your fellows?
Here's your chance, we have launched the helpdesk (easy to remember: aegee.org/helpdesk or aegee.org/support), a centralised place where every AEGEE member can raise requests for help in any IT-related matter they encounter.
We need your help to tame the long queues of requests we have, and worry not! you need no expert IT knowledge for this. Any knowledge you need will be provided to you (at first on skype, then through helpdesk articles).
- Help write and improve helpdesk articles on how-tos / troubleshooting e.g.:
- Improve helpdesk portal appearance
- Add/remove important fields
- Add/remove categories of interest
- Add/improve meaningful description for a request page
- Improve helpdesk internal working
- Improve 'related articles' engine (so that the helpdesker can one-click share the relevant help article)
- Help managing the queue of requests we receive
- Occasionally, perform maintenance tasks on the platform (MyAEGEE, Gsuite, Listserv...)
Possible target groups
- Members of AEGEE
- European Bodies (committee and commissions) speaker teams or members
- For "experts"/occasionally:
Expected learning outcomes
- How is the new IT structure of AEGEE (hint: it's cool and on par with good companies)
- Working on a team & delegation
- IT's & general workflows / good practices
- Patience (how to deal with clueless people. But we love them anyway!)
- The true stupidity of the world (people are not stupid because they have a small brain; people are stupid because they don't read the instructions)
Possible supporting apps
Here's a list of apps that will help in the day-to-day maintenance. You most likely do not need all of them at once, also considering that some of them imply a certain amount of privileges and trust you need to earn.
|Atlassian JIRA||To check Helpdesk from the phone|
|Atlassian Confluence||To edit articles while you are on the toilet|
To create an event for AEGEE members on Slido
|Google admin||Handle google groups or users on our Gsuite|
But wait! There's more
This type of effort would already be a tremendous amount of help for us. However, we are still not at the point where the new system -MyAEGEE- is ready: we are at a solid 80%, but in order to reach the full potential, check what type of people we are looking for!
Ready for the challenge?
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org